Our new APSIS One platform is built from the ground up using brand new cloud-native technology and methods. We are now looking to strengthen our Audience team, who builds the core data processing and storage layers in our platform. This domain involves advanced data intensive systems engineering including managing a complex environment of AWS cloud infrastructure. It includes working with databases of many flavors, managed and self-hosted on EC2, and managing multiple distributed systems and data processing pipelines with very high demands on performance and correctness.
APSIS aims to work at the forefront of technology and development. We follow modern agile practices with cross-functional DevOps teams, where each team assumes complete technical and operational ownership of their applications, including not only implementation but full architectural design and tech selection, QA, continuous delivery, and technical production environment operations. We believe in small, highly skilled, highly empowered and autonomous teams taking maximal ownership of their systems. We believe in DevOps as a culture rather than a specialised role.
In a typical day this role will be working in close collaboration with team members and other similar teams in Stockholm, Malmö and Warsaw. The team has a dedicated Product Owner and Development Manager and its own backlog of stories and tasks. The team members participate in writing, grooming, prioritizing and working together to bring it all the way to a scalable production deployment.
To facilitate the DevOps way of working all APSIS dev teams are granted “20% time” where the team works outside the product backlog on tasks of their own choice, among other policies.
- As part of the development team, support implementation of new features and solve cloud infra and engineering challenges in a modern, cloud-native, microservice-based tech stack based on Java.
- Be part of shaping our team’s development processes, system architecture, tools and practices to increase team velocity and developer quality of life, with extra focus on CI/CD pipelines and management of the teams’ complex cloud infra.
- Support and coordinate development with other dev teams in the organisation, especially the central Cloud Engineering team, to ensure cross-team collaboration works smoothly
- Respond to disruptions and proactively work to prevent such from occurring in the first place. The position includes a weekly rotating on-call duty, which also includes additional time off.
- 7+ years professional development experience with a robust software engineering background including professional experience from software architecture, security, and operating production systems
- Several years of experience with Java and hands-on experience with Java 11
- BS or higher from a computer science program, or equivalent professional experience
- Professional experience with using Amazon Web Services (particularly EC2, ECS, RDS, API Gateway, CloudWatch, and supporting tools like IAM) and Docker in production systems
- Strong interest in working hands-on with managing AWS cloud infrastructure on a daily basis
- Creative and solutions-oriented, someone who enjoys tackling big challenges and is not afraid to learn new things along the way
- Strong sense of responsibility, someone who enjoys taking ownership of your work and who prides themselves on always delivering high quality
- Proven ability to write high-performant, maintainable code with strong elements of concurrency and complex data models
- Collaborative mindset, ability to work as part of a very distributed development organisation where many small teams need to coordinate
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure-as-Code using CloudFormation
- Hands-on experience with Ansible
- Tech stack is microservice-based primarily in Java 11, Linux and Docker, with some additional microservices implemented in golang.
- All environments are hosted on AWS and architecture makes extensive use of services such as ECS, RDS/Aurora, S3, Athena, and all the AWS supporting services.
- Open source tools and frameworks are also extensively used, such as Presto
Bonus points for
- Looking forward the team is planning to migrate towards serverless tech and/or kubernetes. Specific technologies might include EKS, App Mesh, MSK, the AWS Code* pipeline tools.
- AWS certifications or equivalent evidence of advanced AWS competency
- Experience from both development and technical operations / infrastructure / system administration
- Experience with distributed systems engineering
- Advanced knowledge of database technologies, NoSQL and/or Analytics engines
- Professional experience with building SaaS software, especially from web analytics or digital marketing or equivalent
How to apply
Please apply by providing your CV and a personal letter as soon as possible. We will hire as soon as we find the right person.
Do you have questions about this position? Please contact email@example.com
We thrive in the ever-evolving world of CRM and Digital Marketing. Why?
Because it gives us a chance to exceed expectations and always turn toward fresh new discoveries, while still leaning on what is behind us.
From employees to customers, our work revolves around people.
People who challenge in order to evolve. People who take ownership and simplify complex data-driven solutions to meet customer needs. And people with big hearts and great ambitions who shine when others succeed.
Find out more at efficy.com!